Roger H. Anderson
Year Inducted: 2006
Year Of Death: 2016
Born in St. Paul, Anderson began a lifetime of aviation maintenance and education in 1941. He worked for Northwest Airlines in their Accelerated Structures Test Branch at Vandalia, Ohio helping to set up maintenance procedures. In 1944, in the Civil Service, he worked on aircraft at Ford Island, Hawaii. After the war, he joined the Minnesota Air Guard, to work on jet fighters while also working on civilian aircraft for local businesses. He also owned and flew several of his own aircraft.
In 1966, Anderson joined the staff of the Aviation Training Center at Minneapolis, and in 1986 was named manager of the training program. In retirement, Anderson continued his work as an educator, mechanic and technical advisor to homebuilders.